Recommendations please on all in one

laserjim

Another Day In Paradise
Looking for the latest and greatest all in one. 60 g and under ? Any opinions on nuvo ?

Last edited:
Latest and greatest would be Red Sea reefer series, but they're crazy expensive. I've heard good things about nuvos.

Latest and greatest would be Red Sea reefer series, but they're crazy expensive. I've heard good things about nuvos.

Was checking out the Nuvo. Red Sea is nice , but not for the money they want !

No they're nuts.

You realize an Innovative Marine SR-60 is WAY more expensive than a Red Sea Reefer 250!?! AND the Reefer 250 is larger. The SR-60 has a display of 45 gallons while the Reefer 250 is a 54 gallon display. Not to mention the Red Sea uses an actual sump and comes with an ATO setup. Sure, the IM comes with a return pump setup, but you're talking like $100 for a return pump for the Reefer 250. A decent ATO for the SR-60 is going to cost at least that.

IM SR-60 w/stand $1840

Reefer 250 w/stand $1299

With all of that being said, the Reefer isn't an AIO... it's an actual reef ready tank. I have actually owned both a Nuvo and a Reefer... they are both amazing. I currently have a Reefer 450 and I am in love with it. I much prefer a sump in the stand over the sump in the back of the tank. Lets face it, they are both pricey.

Reefers are great tanks very modern and clean however the ato is a joke it's a manual float with a gravity feed from a 2 gallon holding tank

Reefers are great tanks very modern and clean however the ato is a joke it's a manual float with a gravity feed from a 2 gallon holding tank

Yeah, I never even used the one in my 450. I went straight to a Puratek controller plumped directly to my RO. My point was that the IM series tanks have nothing for an ATO included. Whereas the Reefer at least comes with a solution, even though you need to fill it every 3 days. A Reefer should of never been suggested in the first place, it's not an AIO. I still feel it's better choice than an Innovative Marine for several reasons, regardless if it's an AIO or not.

Ok :) I was talking Nuvo fusion. Tank only

If you are talking Fusion, I really like the 30L. I just sold that tank yesterday and I loved it. I simply upgraded to something larger. I still think IM has the nicest AIO tanks... can't go wrong with any of them. The SR series are definitely overpriced though.

Back