Red Bar Anthias Infection

RTB1212

I bought two Red Bar Anthias online last week. They looked to have acclimated well, but this morning Inoticed that both have what appear to be lesions on their bodies. Can anyone identify what may be causing them? I can't tell if they're an infection or an injury.

Attachments

• IMG_4139.JPEG
    IMG_4139.JPEG
    388.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4142.JPEG
    IMG_4142.JPEG
    447.4 KB · Views: 9
Best photos are under a white light, but I can see what you are referring to.

One looks like an injury, the other more of an infection. Ideally they are in a QT for treatment. However if already in the main display tank, Kanaplex is a good/mild antibacterial treatment. Be sure they aren't fighting with each other or that any other tank inhabitants are fighting with them.

Online purchases can be somewhat of a gamble. There are reputable online sources which actually do a proper quarantine of their fish before shipment. I would only buy from one of them, if online is your preferred source.

If the Kanaplex treatment doesn't seem to help, I'd move the fish into a hospital tank. Considering this, I'd get a hospital tank up and running right now, and have it ready.

Anthias in general are prone to Uronema infections in addition to having feeding requirements unlike most of the ornamental marine fishes.

Be sure to Download then read, the Fish Nutrition document

Back