red bugs

fishfl

I have looked around and found some good stuff but cant find a for sure amount of Interceptor (mibemycin oxime) to put in my tank. I have red bugs on my sps. If anyone know how much per gallon please let me know. PM me a link that has good info on how much to put in my 40g tank.

Thanks so much, Alex

I have a 40 gal frag tank that i put a half pill in .Make sure you try to get hermits out if you can.I have done this a few times once when i had them & every six months to make sure .Treat for 3 days or you will get them back.

as much as i love the fact that dustin did all that work...someone has come up with a much better/ more effective way to kill them...dustins premise is based on each pill having an equal amount of the effective drug evenly and accurately spread throughout the the pill...this is not the case though...

better to crush one large pill and dissolve it into a gallon of RO...throughly mix and then dose 25ml/ gallon of system...and you must do several treatments to be sure they are all dead...since i believe it is still unknown as to whether or not the medicine kills the eggs..and personally i would assume it doesnt...therefore you must do several treatments...i treated my tank every fives days for five cycles...i also did it at more then 5X the suggested dose and never followed up with water changes (unless it fell on that particular week) and i never added any carbon either...no more red bugs either..

The dosage is [your tank volume/10]x[.575], based on the original recommendation. Edit: The resulting number is the amount of milligrams of active milbemycin oxime you'll need. It has been shown that this amount can be overdosed quite a bit with few to no effects (except on crustaceans). No, it will not harm your clams or starfish. They shouldn't even react.

BTW, you have to get this from a veterinary prescription. You may even have to provide pics and other evidence, as many veterinarians won't dispense an Rx unless they see the animal.

Back