red flat worms.....

overanalyzer

OK I have a 12 gallon nano cube deluxe with a red flat worm problem. Twice now I've had the population bloom to the point it collapsed and caused a spike of nitrates.... anyhow I just sucked a ton out of my tank (again) and did a huge water change (80%).

Anyhow - any advice for getting rid of these short of flat worm exit??

right now I have no fish, some crabs and snails and mostly softies (ricordia, xenia, pinkstar polyps, some kenya tree, etc.) and one LPS (moon polyp).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6937867#post6937867 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ryansholl
They say six line wrasses eat them. Mine didn't. What's wrong with flatworm exit?

was hoping for something that didn't require me to add a bunch of un wanted chemicals is all.....

I kinda knew before this postthat FWE is about the only way to go.....

I've used flatworm exit twice, one 1x dose and another 2x dose soon after, as I still had a couple around. Didn't hurt a thing, and as far as I've heard no one has problems with the stuff. Pretty safe.

They sell it at Iowa Pet Foods and Aquatics, btw (see you're from urbandale)

Re: Damsel

Re: Damsel

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6945486#post6945486 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Pygmey
I have heard that yellow tale damsels eat them.. But they are mean!

Interesting .... might try that first and with a 12 gallon I can get the YTD out easily.....

Back