red flat worms.....

overanalyzer

OK I have a 12 gallon nano cube deluxe with a red flat worm problem. Twice now I've had the population bloom to the point it collapsed and caused a spike of nitrates.... anyhow I just sucked a ton out of my tank (again) and did a huge water change (80%).

Anyhow - any advice for getting rid of these short of flat worm exit??

right now I have no fish, some crabs and snails and mostly softies (ricordia, xenia, pinkstar polyps, some kenya tree, etc.) and one LPS (moon polyp).

overanalyzer

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6937867#post6937867 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ryansholl
They say six line wrasses eat them. Mine didn't. What's wrong with flatworm exit?

was hoping for something that didn't require me to add a bunch of un wanted chemicals is all.....

I kinda knew before this postthat FWE is about the only way to go.....

musty baby

I've used flatworm exit twice, one 1x dose and another 2x dose soon after, as I still had a couple around. Didn't hurt a thing, and as far as I've heard no one has problems with the stuff. Pretty safe.

They sell it at Iowa Pet Foods and Aquatics, btw (see you're from urbandale)

overanalyzer

Re: Damsel

Re: Damsel

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6945486#post6945486 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Pygmey
I have heard that yellow tale damsels eat them.. But they are mean!

Interesting .... might try that first and with a 12 gallon I can get the YTD out easily.....