Red Gonipora placement

allendehl

Hello guys,

I've had a red goni for a few months now but I see zero growth and probably not full polyp extension. I target feed her twice a week Reef Roids.
It was originally lower in the tank, then moved her up to see if she liked it better but it still seems kind of shy.

heuBaEJ.jpg

BJ4RTzU.jpg

I have the same coral for about 2 years now. Very little growth at first, similar to the 2 I had previously that only lasted 6-10 months, so I tried something different. Common advise was for low to moderate flow and lighting, but I slowly increased both. It's much larger and happy. I've actually had to move a couple other pieces because it started stinging them.

So you'd say that my placement is ok? Top third of the tank?
I have the same coral for about 2 years now. Very little growth at first, similar to the 2 I had previously that only lasted 6-10 months, so I tried something different. Common advise was for low to moderate flow and lighting, but I slowly increased both. It's much larger and happy. I've actually had to move a couple other pieces because it started stinging them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It looks similar to mine, but I'm just giving you my own experience. Give it some time and see if it shows any changes, good or bad. No two tanks are exactly the same. I don't specifically feed mine, it just takes whatever comes by and seems to be doing very well.

I would give it a week or two where you have it. If no change or gets worse, then move it down. I know they like moderate flow. I have mine on the sandbed and it opened up right away for me. I don't feed mine directly. I do add plankton to my tank once a week though and I'm sure it catches some of that.

Any luck with your goni?
I've moved mine up a bit with no prevail.. and my other goni that was doing good.. is doing pretty bad now as well

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I used to have bad luck with Goni. Then I got one for free that wasn't doing well in a friends tank. I placed it in my frag tang low light and high flow and it lasted 7 months before I sold it. Fast forward 1 year and I now have 8 Goni and 4 alvi. I put all of them on the bottom corners of my tank. I find it helps to start out with a healthy one. If it isn't out all the way don't purchase it. Well least not for a lot of money :)
2a76817d69da5afc3152188cb031aa64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back