Red Sea reef fishes

Thanks for all the comments, answering the questions:

great pics, what camera are you using? ALso do you have any regal pics?

I am using a Nikon D2x in a Subal housing. Yes, I have a few Regal Angel photos, will try to post as soon as I get a slightly faster internet connection.

Nice photos
What aria are you at the red sea
And finally is your avatar a photo that you have taken

These photos are from Al Lith, an area south of Jeddah in Saudi Arabia. The fish on the avatar is a male Genicanthus personatus that I photographed at the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands.

Thanks for all the comments, answering the questions:

I am using a Nikon D2x in a Subal housing. Yes, I have a few Regal Angel photos, will try to post as soon as I get a slightly faster internet connection.

These photos are from Al Lith, an area south of Jeddah in Saudi Arabia. The fish on the avatar is a male Genicanthus personatus that I photographed at the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands.
Nice can you mail me a HD photo of the personatus
I will pm you my email

The butterflyfishes:

Chaetodon austriacus
C_austriacus.jpg

Chaetodon larvatus
C_larvatus.jpg

I can stare at those all day long...

Thanks for all the comments! And sorry guys, really slow internet, I can barely upload anything. I should have better internet in a couple of days and will post more, but here is one that I just managed to upload:

Genicanthus caudovittatus
G_caudovittatus.jpg

Oooo, the pattern around the eye is stunning. Is that normal for the species male?

Yes, that is appropriate.. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those fish are freaking insane. I've never seen a more beautiful Asfur! It almost glows. Its a shame with all the turmoil in that region, that we might not see as many of these species in the LFS.
But then, those fish cannot hold a candle to your wild luminaries, Luiz.
And I wanna go there. Unrest or no unrset. One of my three ultimate dive destinations. ( The other two are Truk Lagoon, and the Great Barrier Reef.).
Now, bring on the Regals! LOL

Sincerely,
Matthew

I can really recommend a snorkling trip to sharm el sheik or hurghada. Both reef and sand bottom is Very easy accessible. and for us from sweden not so far to travel.

I can really recommend a snorkling trip to sharm el sheik or hurghada. Both reef and sand bottom is Very easy accessible. and for us from sweden not so far to travel.

Twice I've tried to go, once in '95, and once this spring. Needless to say it didn't happen either time :mad:

Absolutely gorgeous pictures Luiz !!

A.bicinctus is my favorite clown, cant get enough of their pics.

Thank you for sharing.

So when is your coffee table book on Red Sea Fish coming out ???

Sign me up for it !

Back