Red Sea reefer equipment help

Reeferparty

Recently purchased a Red Sea reefer 350. Tank is cycled and ready for livestock. However, I'm keeping everything in qt/holding until all my equipment is up to par. I would like some input on which route to go from those who have had personal experience.

Skimmer options:
-Bubble magus curve D8 DC
-Reef Octopus 150 DC Elite Space Saver
-Simplicity 240 DC

I'm currently running (2) kessil 360w but I don't like how there's no controllability. Looking to switch.

Lighting options:
-Kessil AP700 (been thinking about this for awhile but hesitant due to it being still in beta testing and price)
-radions (xr15? Xr30?) how many would I need of either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Reefer 350 but don't use any of the equipment you're using other then the lights. I found the Kessil Controller works great for the lights.

Do you own the kessil controller? You dont like controlability as far as?
The AP700 is nice, you would be able to pick different spectrums, but remember there is where people usually mess up on.
Skimmers will depend on what you want to keep. A medium load mixed reef can bear with less skimming. Will you keep sps?

Do you own the kessil controller? You dont like controlability as far as?
The AP700 is nice, you would be able to pick different spectrums, but remember there is where people usually mess up on.
Skimmers will depend on what you want to keep. A medium load mixed reef can bear with less skimming. Will you keep sps?

I don't currently have the kessil controller for the 360s. Would much rather have something that's wifi/app based. I'm not too worried about spectrum since I don't play with it much. I pretty much run all blues with touch of white at all times. Just looking for something powerful enough for sps and LPS mixed reef with good color/growth.

Right now I'm LPS dominant. But am prepping to keep a mixed reef with sps as well. The tank will probably end up with med-high load so I want to be prepared for that.

Skim through the reefer series thread in the red sea sub-forum. There are some awesome reefer 350 tanks in there and you can see what people are using successfully. I think user Broadwell, or something like that, has a very impressive 350.

I'm going with what I know rations. 2 xr30's or 3 or 4 of the xr15. I have the reefer nano with 1 xr15

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

I ended up pulling the trigger on the ap700. Got a good deal on one. That way I don't have to go with multiple fixtures.

Back