red worms

dochoot

I have these tiny red worms all over my rocks. They do not bother the coral. They look like dots on the rock but when you brush them off, they are 1mm * 0.3 mm worms. How big of trouble am I in? Thanks.
50574sgroth.jpg

Not really sure what is it as the picture doesn't provide a very nice view of the worms, but if it is flat worms then you are facing a up hill battle.

Try looking up Convolutriloba (=Convoluta). You aren't really in any trouble. They are just unattractive. They aren't going to harm anything in your tank. Some people have them go away on their own eventually, just like any algal bloom. Others use something like flatworm exit to kill them. They do contain endotoxins so if you use flatworm exit read up on it heavily beforehand and be ready to use activated carbon to absorb the toxins from dead flatworms out of your tank.

HTH,
Kevin

I knocked them off the rock and they are indeed little red worms. 1mm*0.3mm. It sounds like there are some that are not so bad but I will need to get a book to figure it out.

Back