Reef-a-Palooza

IrishTang

Anyone planning on going? I got a commitment out of the wife a few months ago so we will be spending the day over there. My first big show and even if I don't buy anything I think it will be a cool experience.

Also if anyone has a lead on some free or discounted tickets let me know!

My advice after going last year is to bring a cooler and ask the vendor to double bag your purchases and add some extra water. The vendors have a tendency to hoard water.

Last year I bought about a half dozen corals and only had a cardboard box and some of the bags leaked. And some of the corals that were bagged in minimal water looked pretty rough by the time I got home. Especially since the corals were stressed from the show already. Orlando is a much longer drive than the LFS and a single bag with a small amount of water is no good.

My advice after going last year is to bring a cooler and ask the vendor to double bag your purchases and add some extra water. The vendors have a tendency to hoard water.

Last year I bought about a half dozen corals and only had a cardboard box and some of the bags leaked. And some of the corals that were bagged in minimal water looked pretty rough by the time I got home. Especially since the corals were stressed from the show already. Orlando is a much longer drive than the LFS and a single bag with a small amount of water is no good.

+1 cuzza. I brought a cooler last year and had ice in it then dumped it all out since the car was really hot after being in there all day.

I am thinking of heading out Sunday, is there anyone with an open seat they'd be willing to share? I live in Valrico but can meet anyone near I4 along the way.

Back