Reef macro adventures across the continent!

DexterOne

Hi everyone!

I have been on this site for many years but have not posted in quite some time!

Been in the hobby for 15+ years but sold everything two years ago, bought a van and have been travelling since :)

I started macro photography (and photography in general) since I started this trip and lately, I have been visiting reef shops around Arizona to get some of that macro goodness...

Been missing my tanks terribly and love to see all those gorgeous reef shops on the road! I also have a few albums of public aquariums I visited along the way.

I think you guys might like this :) I have a lot more albums coming up, stay tuned!

Feel free to click around, lots of nature, landscape and wildlife pics out there.

IG : sebenamerique

Macro
La Vie en Macro (LVEM)

Public aquariums
Sous l'océan.... l'Aquarium de Vancouver! (25 septembre 2021) - Seb En Amerique

Blue World Aquarium BC, Victoria Bug Zoo et Shaw Center for the Salish Sea (16 octobre 2021) - Seb En Amerique

LVEM11 -Loveland Living Planet Aquarium, Draper, UT - Seb En Amerique

Travel pics

Seb en Amérique (SEA)

I love these closeups. You have any pointers on how to shoot aquariums?
Yeah here's a few I learned along the way!

-If shooting corals from front or side, I usually press the lens hood on the glass to make sure I am perpendicular. If not the smalest angle will cause distortion.

-I use Avast Marine porthole for the top down shots. Its a game changer. I use a yellow filter sometimes, sometimes not depending on lighting.

-For corals, I always put camera in manual focus. If available on your camera, use the MF assist to help.

-It is usually not an option for me as I shoot in reef shops but crank the lighting up and stops all pump if possible.

-Take lost of shots :)

Yeah here's a few I learned along the way!

-If shooting corals from front or side, I usually press the lens hood on the glass to make sure I am perpendicular. If not the smalest angle will cause distortion.

-I use Avast Marine porthole for the top down shots. Its a game changer. I use a yellow filter sometimes, sometimes not depending on lighting.

-For corals, I always put camera in manual focus. If available on your camera, use the MF assist to help.

-It is usually not an option for me as I shoot in reef shops but crank the lighting up and stops all pump if possible.

-Take lost of shots :)
Thanks! I need to pick up a porthole. I will definitely give some of these tips a go!

Not to hijack your thread but really appreciate the advice.
20213978-DF82-481D-98B2-9F7A76CF1F77.jpeg

Back