Reef safe fish with COLOR

Yeah, keeping the shrimp means no hawks, no hogs, no halichoeres wrasses. I'd choose those over shrimp any day, it's your tank! That's the beauty of this hobby.

What about a small harem of lyretail anthias? I've kept them in the past only feeding once or twice a day.

Midas blenny is a fun fish. Orchid dotties are pretty (but big-time hiders), same with Royal Grammas.

There is one species of angel that actually reef-safe. Take a look at these:
http://aquarium-fish.liveaquaria.com/search?w=Genicanthus

A pair of Watanabei would be pretty sweet.

I wouldn't do lyretail (or any anthias for that matter) if you aren't feeding three times daily.

Kind of a dilemma here.....I like my shrimp, but I also want more fish!

Only thing that concerns me about any of the fish that require a minimum of 125 gallons, is that I'm at 130. I am right there, at the minimum. What will that do to the stress/health of the fish? There are quite a few 125's that I have liked. Just being that close seemed to be too SMALL.

as for the midas. I have the orange prawn goby, and I would like the ugly starry blenny. Would the Midas tangle with either one of these?

It depends on the tank length as well. In a 6 foot 130 a tang should be okay, but I would not put a purple as they will become aggressive

A coral beauty and/or potter's angelfish. "Reef safe" is hit or miss with these, but it really depends on the individual.

Zebra dartfish kept in groups are pretty colorful. I would also suggest wrasses.

I enjoy my trio of lyretail anthias in my 150. I have an auto feeder go off twice a day and then feed some frozen in the morning and evenings if I remember, if I forget no big deal.

Royal grammas are nice. Banggai cardinalfish too. My melanarus wrasse has been reef safe. Leopard wrasses are colorful too. I like lots of little fish. You could also do a pair of neon cleaner gobies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back