Reeferoo's 120g mixed reef

We re-did my whole power set up! We used this guy
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B072KPXD8F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And it looks much nicer now.
Power1.jpg.html
Power1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's the shelves we built for next to the tank
behindthescenes.jpg.html
behindthescenes.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

They are usually hidden behind a screen
screen.jpg.html

screen.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I also installed my new Santa Monica HOG1x ATS in the sump, so I'm hopeful that will be an excellent addition. I taped a hilarious DIY splash guard there that I'll need to come up with a better soluton for - the ATS spits a little and I didn't want it salting up the dry side
sump.jpg.html
sump.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's my awesome battery operated pump to make topoff easier
topoff.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I also realized I have a different skimmer than what I had posted (lol). When I got the new tank, I must have gotten it from the LFS - I'm so used to having online records of my purchases. It's a Reef Octopus Classic 150 INT - slightly oversized (as it should be). It's been doing such a great job with helping with my bloom!

I'm running my Chemi-pure blue and the Chaeto still looks very nice and full. Maybe eventually the ATS will cause it to die out, but while it breaks in, I think it's got to be what helped bring my nitrates down so drastically.

Corals are already showing really nice growth and polyp expansion which is so pleasing to see. All the fish are eating well and looking healthy and happy. Can't wait for my watchman goby to get a little bigger and yellow up - he's still that yellow-grey for now. My cleaner shrimp appears to have doubled in size!

I still want some kind of sand sifting crew, but I am not sure I have enough sand for a starfish - maybe some Nassarius snails? I think I've only got one crab in the tank, but my turbo snails are rocking it.

My aptasia is exploding and didn't seem to respond at all the Apstasia X, but I am on the list to borrow an aptasia munching file fish, so I hope that will help! :)

The filefish are hit and miss. Sometimes they go to town other Tim’s they just wait fo ready food. You can also try a majano wand. There are some nudibinchs that eat aptasia but they are expensive and you need a lot of them

Old school was to cut off the flow and inject them with kalkwasser but you can only do so many before you spike your tank pH.

Old school was to cut off the flow and inject them with kalkwasser but you can only do so many before you spike your tank pH.

I tried this, along with injecting Aiptasia-X. I think the best is use some type of glue and cover it completely. if there's any open gap and the aiptasia blows his load, gonna end up with a million tiny aiptasias

Photobucket sucks and moving my photos into an album broke the links, so I'll put them as attachments

Attachments

• behindthescenes.jpg
    behindthescenes.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Power1.jpg
    Power1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 0
  • power2.jpg
    power2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 0
  • screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 2
  • sump.jpg
    sump.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1
We used the lids that came with the tank to make nets so we don't have any more jumpers. Much more low profile then our black aluminum screen frames. We used white plastic screws. Really pleased with how these came out.
cbbba0fe7554b998fa29d52ca7f91b0d.jpg
94ccf832df17f1cc711a4c8f80ae8c23.jpg
4ee0dea9672071a6ec344d773b58f391.jpg
b792134c6d1abcd64ecf1f1c766afb5e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back