Reefers In Chambersburg PA???

My son and I are going to venture in and see what it is all about. I haven't been to one before and he just started in the hobby, So it will make a nice father / son trip.

very nice,there are 1000's of corals listed for sale on fragswapper.com under NCPARS frag swap. you can register for the event and pre-pay as well ..

I just went in and registered. I see the listings. If I understand this correctly....I can reserve some pieces to buy and pick them up there?

I just went in and registered. I see the listings. If I understand this correctly....I can reserve some pieces to buy and pick them up there?

Correct..you reserve them, the user accepts it and you will then pick them up at the swap.

Theres alot of corals to look through!!

I'll say. I just reserved about $100 worth for me and my son's tanks. Now I gotta get the heck outta there before I spend the whole paycheck. Thanks for the heads up.

We live in Hershey....i'll be at the swap as well....was going to set up a tank at the swap but ended up selling all my frags on fragswapper...be there all day selling and buying....hope to meet some of you! Jen

I'll say. I just reserved about $100 worth for me and my son's tanks. Now I gotta get the heck outta there before I spend the whole paycheck. Thanks for the heads up.

noo Reserve more!! especially from me so i can buy more!! haha :spin1::spin2::celeb1:

I'm riding down with a fellow Middletown reefer. Will be sure to check out the MD Reef Club table. See ya'll there :wave:

We need to start a south central PA reef club, anyone know how to go about doing that?

The NC in NCPARS is actually a misnomer, they get people from all over PA and neighboring states. It was initially named NC because the original founder lived in North Central PA but it grew beyond its acronym...which I predicted back when I was president and we were still applying for non-profit status. Some 8+ years later the club is huge.

NCPARS is also a full blown non-profit now, and doesn't hold regular local meetings but there are members that occasionally hold their OWN meetings.

You can do the same...just find some local folks that want to meet. The only problem with local clubs is the amount of time and dedication it takes. I wouldn't even CONSIDER joining a local club because I wouldn't join anything I couldn't give the proper time to. It wouldn't be fair to the others who do. I helped NCPARS get where it is back when I was single...A wife, mortgage and kid later it seems like a lifetime ago! :)

Anyway...the point I was trying to make is that NCPARS members do occasionally post in the forum that they'd like to get folks together at their house to meet and swap and just generally BS. It's not an official sanctioned event, no fragswapper.com listing, just anybody in driving distance that happens to be available. It's kind of like a local club meeting, but without the formalities that nobody likes anyway. :) That would be the EASIEST way to have a local club type setting.

--Fizz

Back