Reefing USA Frag Swap

Alex114

e5946bb81ccdeb6370b772b28341ad49.jpg

This was posted on their Facebook page two days ago. I think it's being hosted at the same holiday inn as the Lear swap

a59c7b5b035d7e29db5f8096086712fe.jpg

I finally got curious enough to email reef trader. This was their response. Basically they don't want hobbyist to sell at this swap which is frustrating but reef trader said if we wanted to post a hobbyist run swap at the same time and location in the parking lot we could lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lame.............they want to charge their ridiculous gouging prices without competition.

Any other swaps coming up? I'm starving for one, but I'd skip anything prioritizing vendors over hobbiest if there were any alternatives.

I think the next one is the CORA swap in Columbus that's in early December/late November. Would there be any reason not to have them list a swap that's coincidentally at the same time and place but labeled hobbyist only? I have a decent amount grown on my rack that I would like to sell too

Seems kinda counter intuitive? Usually - I mean im not for certain, but usually when ppl sell corals at swaps they go right to buying more coral from vendors. I mean thats just me. Sell some frags, buy some newer pieces. Somewhat of a dumb move imo and will hurt their profit far more than just allowing some hobbysts to sell that want to at the swap.

Would there be any reason not to have them list a swap that's coincidentally at the same time and place but labeled hobbyist only? I have a decent amount grown on my rack that I would like to sell too

I'd rather skip it than try to undermine their efforts.

Figured I'd update this but there was a rather large response on Facebook to someone who asked about this swap. And now there is a "œpre-swap" listing on reef trader. Also the CORA swap in Columbus was posted to be on Nov 7

I've always budgeted based on sales. If I know I am a net buyer, I will say I will spend twice what I make selling, or $100 more than I sell. Not selling anything makes buying anything difficult and if I don't sell or buy, I am wasting time. I am glad they posted something, but still would like to know if the organizers are ok with it.

Figured I'd update this but there was a rather large response on Facebook to someone who asked about this swap. And now there is a "œpre-swap" listing on reef trader.

And so far not one listing of anything for sale for this parking lot swap. Hope this changes.

And so far not one listing of anything for sale for this parking lot swap. Hope this changes.

I will be listing a few things next week when I get back in town. I think people are just waiting for that first person to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back