reefkeeper lite

rehnberg

There was kinda a group buy on reefkeeper lites on here a while back and I was wondering how people like these? What do you have your reefkeeper lite doing? Are there any upgrades you need fromt he basic $99.00 unit?

I dont have the lite but i have 2 rk2 and they are awesome have everything pluged into them. Fans turn on when hit a certin temp, light timmer, wave maker , I was gonna get a lite but found a awesome deal on a rk2. Id recommend it to anyone w/ a tank!

Only upgrade you might want is the SL2 it checkes and can control ph to a calcium reactor and you have to get a probe seperate.

I am using the RKL and absolutely love it. Easy to program, works great! I have just bought 2 more power strips to have it control my whole system.

There are four outlets in each unit; one comes with the original purchase of the RK Lite. I plan to get another, but right now I control a heater (the temp probe is included), a fan, moonlights and a 'fuge light. The controller has been most useful for controlling temperature. It keeps my tank between 78.5 and 79.5 twenty-four hours a day. I don't know how I managed without it!

I have mine monitering ph,controlling lights,controlling my heater and have my powerheads hooked in so when i feed i can turn them off with one button for 2 min and they turn back on bye themselves.Once i decide if i want a calcium reactor or if i will continue to dose 2 part and buy dosing pumps it will control those as well.-Kieth

I have mine monitoring temp. I have a separate pH controller for the calcium rector. It is basically set up to turn the heater on/off when it gets to a certain level, and the lights on/off when the temp gets above a certain level. As of now, I have never had the lights shut off, and the tank runs 78-80!
Cheers~!
jon

I think you can get them for the same $99 direct from digital aquatics and most online retailers......

If I remember correctly, the group buy just saved on shipping. I don't think it was much, probably only $4. You'd spend that on gas just to go pick it up, lol.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15651251#post15651251 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Milhouse
If I remember correctly, the group buy just saved on shipping. I don't think it was much, probably only $4. You'd spend that on gas just to go pick it up, lol.

Milhouse is right it was only 7 dollars to ship. By the time your done, paypal and gas you lost money. Aqua cave last time i looked had it for 99.00.

Back