Reeflo Hammerhead/Barracuda Seal

ballenreef

The seal has gone out on my Reeflo pump. Their website want $32 including shipping. I saw one on amazon from Reeflo called a PS-1000 seal kit specifically for my pump. I searched for this kit and found a few for less than $10 and 2 day shipping. Does anyone have experience buying a kit for their Reeflo pump that was not direct through Reeflo?

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but have you guys sorted this out. I saw the same cheap seals on Amazon with the same part number. They are significantly cheaper.

Ed

The shaft was determined to be in such bad condition I just replaced the entire motor. They sold it to me at a discounted rate but I am back in the same boat. Once this reeflo goes I’m going to go to a different brand.

PS-1000 works fine, I been replacing them for a few years now on several of there pumps and no issues. Only thing you can do is check them often.. if you see salt creep change them before the shaft gets rusty. And Yes they are around ten bucks on E-bay !

Sand the shaft to get rid of rust and use a good grease before you assemble.

Chuck

Guys, do not put trash seals in these pumps!

What you want is "US Seal PS-1905"

This will get you the furthest.

Also, make sure you do not have any side to side shaft play and that the motor spins freely. It may need a new set of bearings. They are easy to change.

Switching to Dolphin Ampmaster is also a good option.

Back