refugiums?

NH81

reguardless of what size i use for the DT im gonna use a 55g for the sump. i have some sort of an idea what to do as far as having a refugium in the sump. im just kinda curious of what other sumps look like.

Almost all sumps look close to the same. Most ppl i have seen use the 3 sections with the baffles.

Plus if you have some means of showing your plans then people will be able to give you better feedback... even windows paint is better than nothing.

very good point. gonna work on getting my ideas down. what else are you gonna put in your tank to keep the LR some company?

i tried to get a hold pf melv and had no luck. So after a lot of research I found some of his designs are bad for refugiums even though they look cool.

I found a rimless tank made of 3/4" glass and Im just going to add some baffles to it and create a refugium area in the center.

So after a lot of research I found some of his designs are bad for refugiums even though they look cool.

You need to qualify this comment. This sounds a bit off base if you ask me. I would like to know your reasoning, before I call it uniformed.

Jim

i tried to get a hold pf melv and had no luck. So after a lot of research I found some of his designs are bad for refugiums even though they look cool.

I found a rimless tank made of 3/4" glass and Im just going to add some baffles to it and create a refugium area in the center.

your starting off on the wrong foot.You do realize he's the editor of RC mag.You should post a pic of your tank,Id like to see it.

Here this design works really well supports a fuge and is super popular so it has be tested a number of times Design F

You can turn just about any rectangular tank into this type of sump/fuge combo.

poet, in that design would it matter what size the fuge is or is bigger better? especially for raising pods and mysis?

Make the fuge as large as you can while maintaining enough room for the skimmer in it's compartment and a reasonable water volume in the return area. Personally mine has just enough space for the skimmer in it's compartment and evenly split space between my fuge and return area.

Back