Regal Angel Primer

I got mine to eat with a freshly shucked clam in a qt tank. One he got a taste of that he ate everything I put in. Mine did come from NY aquatic also and did have flukes. I dosed prazi and then he was acting more adventurous and started eating. I've had him one year now and I don't see any noticeable growth length wise but he eats like a champ in a tank with some aggressive tangs and is nice and fat and always out and about. Good luck!

Interesting. I may dose prazipro just to make sure it's not fluke that is making the fish hiding. I haven't done so yet because I heard prazipro suppresses appetite. But I don't seem to have anything to lose at this point.
Thank you for sharing your experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live-plants.com has some tree, ball and another type! Wish there were more companies selling larger sponges

Great! Which kind do you recommend? I see they have three kinds but not sure which to buy. Thank you.

Great looking fish!

Thanks! Tank needs some TLC after 3 weeks in the Philippines but fish all made it through. Definitely overfed with the auto feeder. My regal is what I work around and is my favorite fish with the purple tang and Juvie harlequin right behind it.

I can tell you all mine pick at the tree sponge but order them all. They all get picked on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to know. Thanks a lot for sharing. Those sponges actually look pretty colorful. I may buy a bunch and just have a sponge tank lol.

Okay I turned off the gyres before I left home today and the Regal definitely got bolder. I can see him swimming out of the rocks and hanging out on the side of the tank. I took a short video via my web cam and posted it on YouTube. Below is the link. Tomorrow morning I am going to put a new oyster in where he is today. Hopefully he will start showing interest in good. This Regal is definitely on the big side. The tank is 18" front to back so the fish is probably close to 6" which is probably why it is so timid and shy.
https://youtu.be/kOKaPhJpgLE

Okay I turned off the gyres before I left home today and the Regal definitely got bolder. I can see him swimming out of the rocks and hanging out on the side of the tank. I took a short video via my web cam and posted it on YouTube. Below is the link. Tomorrow morning I am going to put a new oyster in where he is today. Hopefully he will start showing interest in good. This Regal is definitely on the big side. The tank is 18" front to back so the fish is probably close to 6" which is probably why it is so timid and shy.
https://youtu.be/kOKaPhJpgLE

Kind of looks to have the zombie look to me. I've never been able to get one to snap out of that. I wish you luck though.

Kind of looks to have the zombie look to me. I've never been able to get one to snap out of that. I wish you luck though.

Zombie look? Is it because the fish swims slowly and don't seem to be very agile? I totally agree with you on that. Although it did swim quickly back behind the rocks when my wife entered the room this afternoon so I know it still observes the surroundings closely. Thank you tagging along.

Zombie look? Is it because the fish swims slowly and don't seem to be very agile? I totally agree with you on that. Although it did swim quickly back behind the rocks when my wife entered the room this afternoon so I know it still observes the surroundings closely. Thank you tagging along.

Kind of the slow, dazed look. Just doesn't look alert to me.

Kind of the slow, dazed look. Just doesn't look alert to me.

You are right on. The Regal died last night. I found him laying on the bottom this morning. Never ate anything in the 10 days he was with me. From now on I am never going to buy from vendors that don't offer 2-week guarantee. No matter what they claim. This has been a horrible experience. Thank you all for the support though.

I know what you mean for sure. I get my Regal from LA or local where I see them first, eating and in good shape. No other sources for me, including have LFS order them for me. I always feel obligate to buy the fish that they order for me.

FYI LA has the medium Juveniles from the indian ocean for $199, if you purchased it yesterday they were $150 + tax. Sorry I should of posted this yesterday. The last time LA offered these many of us did very well with them in our reef tanks. Also Regals I believe do much better in reef type tanks versus sterile settings, they still need to be QT-d, but having liverock with plenty of hiding places is best along with getting one 2" to 3" seems to be the best size for acclimating to our tanks. I wish collectors would leave the 4" + size in the ocean for breeding! I just realized I need to take newer pictures of my 180 but here is one from last year. Robert sorry yours did not make it.

Attachments

• 180 - 10-30-17.jpg
    180 - 10-30-17.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1
Mine is a maldives one bought from the rrgular liveaquaria website. I do believe the 2-3" size is about perfect to start with. Mine literally was eating half hour after going in the tank.

FYI LA has the medium Juveniles from the indian ocean for $199, if you purchased it yesterday they were $150 + tax. Sorry I should of posted this yesterday. The last time LA offered these many of us did very well with them in our reef tanks. Also Regals I believe do much better in reef type tanks versus sterile settings, they still need to be QT-d, but having liverock with plenty of hiding places is best along with getting one 2" to 3" seems to be the best size for acclimating to our tanks. I wish collectors would leave the 4" + size in the ocean for breeding! I just realized I need to take newer pictures of my 180 but here is one from last year. Robert sorry yours did not make it.

Thank you. I did take advantage of the 25% off promo and ordered a juvenile Regal angel. I have spoken to some members and seems that a good sized Regal is more important than "œclaimed" to be eating. I learned my lesson.

Thank you. I did take advantage of the 25% off promo and ordered a juvenile Regal angel. I have spoken to some members and seems that a good sized Regal is more important than “claimed” to be eating. I learned my lesson.

I may be the exception, but I bought an adult true red sea at my LFS. He was about 4" with no eye spot. Barely ate at the store, but picked occasionally. I had them keep him alone, in hypo, and do a couple Prazi dips. I fed a plethora of stuff, and he would always show interest but couldn't grab it. Finally, he tried some Collared greens and went crazy for it. Shortly after that, clam on a half shell, and finally tried the Brine Shrimp and went crazy for all of it. Only thing he won't eat now is flake food, but he's slowly figuring it out. For mine, the collared greens are really what he enjoyed (eats a whole leaf nearly every 2 days) and what caused him to try all kinds of food.

I may be the exception, but I bought an adult true red sea at my LFS. He was about 4" with no eye spot. Barely ate at the store, but picked occasionally. I had them keep him alone, in hypo, and do a couple Prazi dips. I fed a plethora of stuff, and he would always show interest but couldn't grab it. Finally, he tried some Collared greens and went crazy for it. Shortly after that, clam on a half shell, and finally tried the Brine Shrimp and went crazy for all of it. Only thing he won't eat now is flake food, but he's slowly figuring it out. For mine, the collared greens are really what he enjoyed (eats a whole leaf nearly every 2 days) and what caused him to try all kinds of food.

That is good to know. Thank you for sharing. Do you mind telling me what the collared green is? Is it a kind of algae sheet or is it a brand? Thank you.

That is good to know. Thank you for sharing. Do you mind telling me what the collared green is? Is it a kind of algae sheet or is it a brand? Thank you.

Sure!

Go to Walmart/Grocery Store.....

Go to the produce section, and there you'll find "Collared Greens" - Should be roughly around $2.00 for a large thing of them. It's pretty much a stem with a leaf on the end of it.

1200px-Collard-Greens-Bundle.jpg

Back