Regal Angel Primer

How is this Regal?

Doing pretty well. It was eating but getting progressively thinner. I decided to use an IV catheter to tube feed it some panacur. I did it every 5 days for a total of three treatments. Seemed to work well. It was eating within a couple hours of each tube feeding. Seems to be putting on weight now. The only issue it has currently is what I think is a bad case of lymphocystis on one of its pectoral fins. That seems to be getting worse instead of better which has me a bit concerned.

Just fatten him up with as many small feeding as you can during the day. Once you get some weight on him and his health back, the Lymph should pass. My last Regal came in with it on it's tail and then again it showed up on another fin right after getting out of QT. It took about a month to clear up and now I haven't seen any sign of it in over 4 months.

So what do you guys think? Lymph or something else. Pics are terrible but these are the two best out of about 50 I tried to take. It originally was only on the fin. Now it also has spread to the body where the fin touches. I added a cleaner wrasse today in hopes that it may pick off whatever it is.
f95db29935609940a4add3fa4a7f4fd0.jpg
359214c70fa9156dd2bbcf6e363d6f26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is an update of mine. After had him for four months or so he finally moved into his final home: the 300G.
1f8bd843f2dd4143fbcaece26720fee0.jpg

Still alive. Eats great but the lymph or whatever it is just keeps getting worse. Not sure what to try. Used prazi, metroplex, and kanamycin just to try something

I'd stop all medication and just keep the water quality as good as possible. Keep feeding nori and soak food in angelixir. I also use hikari mega angel frozen food with good results.

I agree with roberthu526. If it is Lymph there is nothing we can do to cure it. My Regal also came in with it. It took about two months to drop off and now I haven't seen another outbreak in four months. I have heard that stresses will cause outbreaks. Offering good water conditions and quality foods and peaceful tank mates will help keep the Lymph cotton balls away. Good luck.

Lymphocystis will gradually get better. On my CBB it even erroded the lower jaw and shorten it. Offer a few month the CBB is completely normal, jaw and all. Good luck.

A bump up for Regals. Plus I picked up a Redsea regal from my LFS thanks to ERI for $100.

Attachments

• regal potters 10-26-18.jpg
    regal potters 10-26-18.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I got a regal and he's eating flakes and pellets from the get go. I guess it really depends on the fish you get sometimes. Fine are easier to get eating. Now hopefully it'll pair up with my yellow belly regal I have had in the tank a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, mine from live aquaria avoided all the fresh products I bought and just ate pellets and mysis easily. Go figure. Anyone, after a month of QT and little lympho after transferred into the DT he' s been a little trooper getting along nicely for the last 4-5 months.

Starting to get very friendly and comes up to the top of the QT Tank to eat.

Attachments

• regal in QT 11-03-18.jpg
    regal in QT 11-03-18.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1
My larger regal in the 180 with some buddies yesterday

Attachments

• 11-9-18 regal.jpg
    11-9-18 regal.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1
Finally a regal angel. Was not eating at the LFS ... just picked at the rockwork for a couple of weeks and would not care for any frozen or processed food. He may have eaten some Zoas hard to say though.
Well actually, i was hoping he would eat some Zoas since he wasnt eating anything else.
Finally out of frustration, i moved him to the sump and started with some clam on the half shell and he went for it. Hid some mysis and flake in it next day but no luck ... finally i just dumped some flake in the sump. Guess he started sampling some and never looked back. Eating well now and fingers crossed he continues to.

Can you guys help me id the exact species?
fd1d8d8dd6bfbadd9871e95975dba768.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back