Reliability Issues...Frustration Levels Rising

nightOwl

Premium Member
I am having a couple of issues that are starting to really annoy me with the Apex and WXM Module. I am looking for some suggestions or guidance on what I can do to make my set up work better.

First Issue
Is there anything that can be done regarding power outages and the Apex loosing connection and not reconnecting? While on a 7 day vacation it disconnected on day 3 and did not reconnect. My unit is not connected to a router but a wireless bridge/AP. Sometimes the power outage is only for a less than a minute. Maryland power grid is so unreliable.

Second Issue
Can anyone explain what causes the message below?
Apex Fusion Alarm: Display/Status:OFF

Below is the program for my skimmer

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Output Return_11_3 = OFF Then OFF
If FeedA 015 Then OFF
If FeedB 015 Then OFF
If FeedC 015 Then OFF
If FeedD 015 Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON

Is there a way to see all my statements to see if anything is causing the skimmer to turn off? The alarm is not consistent so that is what is bothering me. I can't seem to find what is causing it.

Third issue
This is the most frustrating issue since so much money is spent on these pumps and controllers. Between Vortech's going MISSING and or STALLING. I just don't understand how things can run smoothly for weeks or days at a time then all of sudden I have to try to reconnect the pumps to the WXM. The pumps don't move and the VMX doesn't move so what causes the issue? This even occurs when there is no power outage.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

I am still new to Apex but I believe the answer to the second issue is that it is saying the alarm is OFF. Not the skimmer itself. I get this message as a follow up to any alarm that has been activated. When it returns to normal state, it sends you a message it, the alarm, is off.

My apex goes a bit nutty when it loses internet connection. Wireless bridge was alway spotty for me. Bought a linksys velop and plugged apex directly into node. Only time i have issues is when isp goes down....

I am still new to Apex but I believe the answer to the second issue is that it is saying the alarm is OFF. Not the skimmer itself. I get this message as a follow up to any alarm that has been activated. When it returns to normal state, it sends you a message it, the alarm, is off.

shellsea - Found out it was not a skimmer alarm but my whole system was resetting. I opened a ticket and they are monitoring my system. Seems my system was dropping packets and was not on the latest firmware. It was not a forced firmware push but suggested to upgrade to the latest. I upgraded and recently switched my network over to a Deco M5 mesh network. I am hoping this helps.

My apex goes a bit nutty when it loses internet connection. Wireless bridge was alway spotty for me. Bought a linksys velop and plugged apex directly into node. Only time i have issues is when isp goes down....

Deahttub - I just did something similar. I have the my apex router plugged into one of the Deco nodes since I have two Apex's in my fish room. Hopefully this will work better.

Back