Remora Users------------

Jaynap

I've had my remora HOB for about a week. It works great, but the ammount of air bubbles coming back has not really deacreased at all. Should I get the surface skimmer/bubble reducer or will the thing break in eventually?

I have 2 Remoras on different tanks, both currently have the pre/surface skimmer box with the bubble reducer (sponge) removed. Before I used the box, I did not have a micro bubble problem on either of them (one used, one new). With the box, I sometimes get bubbles on one tank when the water level goes below the surface skimmer slits and it sucks in air.

My experience is that it will break in. IIRC it took about 2 weeks for mine to settle in. I also have the MJ1200
I almost purchased the pre filter box, but it was bulky. I waited through the mass of micro bubbles. Try fine tuning in your injector.

I had the same problem. It just takes a while, most of the bubbles go away! My remora skims great now. ;)

I didnt think that the injector could be tuned.
Ohhhh yes,,, :)
Important for maintenance as well.
There is a small injector access screw just inside, under the collection cup. This screw when tightened diminishes the amount of water being pushed through. (or let out if you prefer)
As I learned through poor output of skimmate, regular maintenance by unplugging the skimmer, removing the screw and brushing with the skinny injector brush that came with your Remora will clean out any gunk that is inhibiting good flow.

If anyone is interested, I have a prefilter box for the reomra. It will hold the MJ1200. I used it when I had it hanging off the tank now I have it down below with my sump. I also added a tee to mine so I run 2-MJ1200's. Couldn't ask for a better result. I will sell the skimmer box for 15.00 and buyer pays actual shipping cost. Send me a pm with a zip code and I will check on shipping.

Fuzz

Back