Removing plumbing

banthonyb71

I just got this tank and I need to remove the sump to clean and to paint the stand

How should I go about removing this plumbing to be able to easily fit it back.

Attachments

• 20240421_185447.jpg
    20240421_185447.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Unless there’s more Union valves than the one I see, you really can’t. You’ll have to cut and eventually replace PVC.

the union is what needs to be put in right .not the union valve to the right correct? id basically cut the middle of the 2 vertical pvc then put 2 unions between both...?

I just got this tank and I need to remove the sump to clean and to paint the stand

You just going to have to look at it and decide where to cut to get them apart. You can then use a union joint or else just use slip point and glue them back together.

I don't think you need to cut anything. I believe those fittings that go through the acrylic at the filter sock may unscrew from each other. Try twisting the bottom pipes that dump into the filter socks.

Here's what the connection should look like...

171543bulkhead2.jpg

171543bulkhead3.jpg

20240421_185447.jpg

Last edited:
You can use cupping to rejoins where you cut the PVC apart.

Or you can do a union joint. Pay attention on how much PVC you need to cut off so the overall length Stays the same.

Back