Renton's Upgrade

If you like videos of rocks, well you have come to the right thread. I finished a third rock structure. The pile of rocks in front of the far left closed loop return and the rocks to the left of that are not complete, just stacked up to get a little look.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WulNOLlhhHs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, a few pictures of the actual tanks with the holes drilled!

Display tank:

r01QwYIh.jpg

Frag tank:
OY1POtMh.jpg

Sump:

rZkwHnth.jpg

Very nice. Are you using all new dry rock? what are you going to to with all the live rock you have now? I have tons of live rock and was thinking about just braking that into pieces and use it for new rock structure.

Nice looking tank, what is the thickness of the glass?

Very nice. Are you using all new dry rock? what are you going to to with all the live rock you have now? I have tons of live rock and was thinking about just braking that into pieces and use it for new rock structure.

Nice looking tank, what is the thickness of the glass?

I am starting with all new dry rock. Not sure what I will do with the old rock, probably dry it out and sell it.

The glass on the display tank is 3/4. The top will be euro-braced.

Tidal Gardens made a video of the tank move:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X38wQifRjwA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wasn't sure if I was going to soak the rock structures I made in water prior to putting them in the tank until I was at Tidal Gardens and they had some rocks soaking and the water was clearly discolored.

So, I soaked the rocks in RODI water for about 5 days. A film definitely formed on the top or the water and the water clouded up. After draining the water a white residue was left in the tubs. I am happy I soaked them.

Eb2F2l5h.jpg

36AvW31h.jpg

74rr7pQh.jpg

Ed7NlWrh.jpg

Tanks are on schedule to arrive Wednesday morning. I am getting everything set to hit the ground running on plumbing the system Wednesday and Thursday.

bctZvY6h.jpg

4XNPe6Jh.jpg

tjIg7e7h.jpg

z2Nd6qAh.jpg

Thanks to some retired folks, neighbors working from home and a couple reefers we will able to get everything in place with a lot of sweat and muscle! Went reasonably smooth.

Started some plumbing today and now I am off to Lowes to get more plumbing odds and ends.

0zuvp0ch.jpg

LIl94rCh.jpg

9vhk5YRh.jpg

ggaQLndh.jpg

267JQnoh.jpg

4SNxIL4h.jpg

Ndo520uh.jpg

KlrsNsRh.jpg

8 years ago when I got my last tank and my mermaid was a guppy, and the little shrimp was 2 months away from being born:

TsaPgSWh.jpg

and Today:

wQOV2fzh.jpg

Back