Renton's Upgrade

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
I just realized I had not posted anything about my tank upgrade here, so here it is.

I am planning on setting up a 205 gallon 72" x 30" x 22" tank made by A.G.E. (Acrylic & Glass Exhibits). It will be a glass aquarium with a pvc bottom. It will have an external overflow and be plumbed using the animalbean method.

The filtration and sump will be housed in the stand. To maximize internal space I elected to go with a powder-coated 2-inch tubular steel stand, also built by A.G.E. The stand will eventually be skinned with wood.

I will be taking down and selling a 125 gallon freshwater aquarium and setting the new tank up in its place.

20120612-DSC_0683.jpg

Once the new tank is up and running I will transfer the current livestock out of my 93 gallon cube and taking that down and selling it.

Here are the drawings of the tank.

NewTankDrawings.jpg

Equipment

Equipment

72""x30""x22"" AGE with stainless steel bracing, non-starfire

72"x30"x36" Steel Stand from AGE (to be skinned with wood at a future date)

PVC bottom with sides in the stand for the sump and equipment to sit on (so like a tray that would be water tight and catch small leaks or water spills)

4 x AI Sol Super Blue LED's all with 70 degree optics

60x24x16 Acrylic Sump/Refugium

SRO 3000Int Skimmer

Tunze 6105
Tunze 6005
MP 10
Tunze 6215 Wave Box

Neptune Apex Controller
Neptune VDM Module

Water Blaster 7000 return pump

He's a great guy to deal with. Everything that I've bought new has come from his store.

Thanks. I have always had good dealings with the Salty Critter and Dan. Good service, prices and communication, can't ask for more!

well i sure hope he continues to be that way for u guys. i'll leave it at that, haha

anyways, i'll be tagging along for the build. sounds like its gonna be nice

Thanks to a few strapping young gentlemen, the tank is now in place. Here are a few quick cell phone shots. I will take nicer pictures tomorrow.

TANK.jpg

TQNKANDDOGS.jpg

tanklength.jpg

TANKOVERFLOW.jpg

Back