Return Pump for 45 Gallon Oceanic Tech Cube

GoblinShark

Hey guys I just picked up a 45 gallon oceanic tech cube from a fellow forum member and started the planning process after being out of the hobby for 5 years. I need suggestions on return pumps for the system. All I've used in the past have been Danner mag pumps and have never been happy with them at all. I would like to keep heat transfer to the tank water to a minimum as the tank will not have a chiller. The head will be about 10 feet as the sump will be on the other side of a wall leading to my garage. I was thinking of maybe an eheim 1260 but I'm not sure what else is out there that will fit my needs.
Thanks

Jimmy

[welcome]

To minimize heat xfer, I would use an external air cooled pump. Internal pumps are water cooled and will add heat. I'd be more concerned about the sump temp in a Miami garage. How warm does it get in there?

Thank you for the welcome. Thats a good point on the garage temps. I am going to take some temp reading with my temp gun during the next couple of days as it should be in the 90's this weekend. It has been sweltering here lately so I am glad you pointed it out. As for the pump what would you recommend then.
Thanks

A sump in a hot garage is not going to work. I would rethink that. The sump needs to go in a room that stays in the low/mid 70s.

Back