Return pump

vincemo22

I currently have a Mag7 pump and looking to upgrade as I need a bit more flow. Any recommendations for a step up and maybe more of quiet side? Using 3/4 inch return pvc.

Thanks!

I have a Deepwater Aquatics DC pump and it is pretty quiet. The only problem was the pump wasn't coming back on after a power outage. They sent me a new power supply and it seemed to solve the problem..

I agree with Anbosu. The DC pumps are quiet. low cost, and use much less energy plus the ability to adjust flow is really nice.

I have a 57 gallon deep blue rimless and eshopps r-200 sump. Also have to consider size so it fits in sump compartment.

Thanks for the advice so far!

I'm not a fan of the D.C. Return pumps. Yes nice features but my dart all of my darts have worked for years no issues I have gone through 2 different D.C. Pimps on my QT tank in 2 years both died and both were good pumps so they tell me :( no thx

That sounds like a pretty big pump for that size tank already. The mags put a lot of heat into the water. I'd highly recommend sicce for submersible due to size/efficiency/power, and pan world for external.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2nd vote for vectra. quiet, plenty of power.

I had a Waveline DC 12000 on my 150 gallon that seized on me last week (after 2.5 years of continuous running). I was running it around 72% capacity and running it external.

replaced with a vectra l1 - i have to run it around 80% capacity to match the Waveline DC 12000's output.

No changes in heat but is much more quiet. With what's happened to waveline and their availabilty of pumps - I wouldn't trust any other DC pump than Vectra.

If the L1 is out of your price range - the M1 might be more suitable (~2000 GPH).

I've used Laguna Max-Flo pumps for years. Quiet and they last. Not sure what models are still available but they are sold as pond pumps and cheaper than the Flowmaster pumps with the identical motors. It's been a few years since I had to buy one so not sure what size you would need.

Back