reviving BTA

kmooresd85

Ive had a BTA for a while now with a nice pink fluorescent color to it. Been doing fine for months but lately seems to be losing the pink fluorescent color and turning more brown. aslo, i feel like the tentacles are now extending as much. mouth is closed up tightly and other than the color loss, seems to be doing ok. Is there a way to get this fluorescent color back? I never kept an anemone even in my older systems and this was the first try. All of my sps and lps are doing great.

You'll have to post up a before picture and a current picture of your anemone, but if it was truly fluorescent, it was most likely bleached. Now that it's darkening up and turning brown, it's gaining back its zooxanthellae and becoming healthier. I'm not sure what color it will ends up, as I'd have to see the anemone. But I'd be willing to wager it's healthier now than it was before.

You'll have to post up a before picture and a current picture of your anemone, but if it was truly fluorescent, it was most likely bleached. Now that it's darkening up and turning brown, it's gaining back its zooxanthellae and becoming healthier. I'm not sure what color it will ends up, as I'd have to see the anemone. But I'd be willing to wager it's healthier now than it was before.

+1 :thumbsup:

sorry, i can get a pic later but i dont have before pics. it is in better lighting i think than at the lfs so i can see it getting healthier, but the tentacles dont seem to bubble as much (which i know doesnt necessarily indicate a health issue) and they dont seem to be extended as much. sometimes they even seem smaller or shriveled. it was really bright pink when it first came into the tank so it concerned me a bit.

Back