Rics and T5s only? Anyone?

Giz

I have 4x39w T5 TEK light retro and I'm looking to get some nice Rics. Is anyone having any success keeping Rics happy under T5s? I don't want to buy them if they aren't going to look right under T5s.

Any input?

it depends on the bulbs. i reccomend getting these bulbs from reefgeek.com

they are the best and they will make your colors look like you have a 14k phionix MH bulb on the tank!!! your colors will explode!!!!

2 x Aquablue (60% white 40% blue)
2 x BluePlus (similar to actinc but better)

They will do fine under that lighting, rics are very adaptive to lighting. They actually like a lot of light if you acclimate them correctly, be sure to start them on the bottom, then move them up.

You could also try 1 aquablue and 3 blueplus for more flourescence. Might be too blue for your taste, but I've seen this combo and it looks pretty good.

They do fine under my T5's. They did O.K. under my PC's though.

I currently have 156w of T5's and 192w of PC's. Half atnic on all

Trottman, they are the bulbs that I have, but they look like they are washing/bleaching the colors on some things. That could be because they are too strong for some things. I have zoanthids that looked great when I first put them in the tank, but eventually lost some color over time. I don't want that to happen whith the Rics. They are too colorfil to spoil.

Back