RIP Mr Ugly

JVD BVI

Well my lawnmower blenny died overnight. Found my peppermint shrimp dining on him this morning LOL.

Just this weekend he looked healthy, skipping around the rocks dining on algae, not sure what happened ?

Ive only lost 1 fish, and its because an eel ate it. Was my favorite fish too, always sucks to loose a fish. Hopefully you figure out what caused him to die so quickly.

Did you name it? Normally from my experience as soon as you name it you garauntee it a shorter life lol

Nothing that would cause death

Temp 78.8
PH 8.3

Nitrates 0
P04 .005

Don't take wrong way but these r not the parameters that need to be measured if losing fish. Ammonia would be the first thing I would check. That being said if that's the only loss it's more likely that he didn't have enough natural foods. How long has the tank been setup? Po4 being so low I would reiterate what I said above about lack of food. Jmo

Don't take wrong way but these r not the parameters that need to be measured if losing fish. Ammonia would be the first thing I would check. That being said if that's the only loss it's more likely that he didn't have enough natural foods. How long has the tank been setup? Po4 being so low I would reiterate what I said above about lack of food. Jmo

Sorry I've been doing this for so long sometimes I forget to mention the obvious. Yes, the first thing I tested was NH3, NO2 and NO3. All tested zero. additionally I have a pair of clowns who are not in any distress .

My second thought was also food source and that he starved. Although there is still plenty of micro and macro algea in my tank and I observed him on Sunday, acting very normal, looking healthy, going from rock to rock feasting on algae. Hard to believe he starved in a day.

My third thought was some type of predator but a few emerald crabs are about as dangerous as it gets. :uzi:

Back