Ritteri losing tentacles

Here is a video of my 65 gal. The Gigantea Carpet and the Magnifica have been together for 2 years. This is my office tank, does not have skimmer or Carbon, or any chemical filtration in it. I change 10 gal of water monthly. It does have a Kalk reactor to added saturated kalk into the tank as top off water.
https://youtu.be/I-Ib7f4zG_c

Here is a video of my 65 gal. The Gigantea Carpet and the Magnifica have been together for 2 years. This is my office tank, does not have skimmer or Carbon, or any chemical filtration in it. I change 10 gal of water monthly. It does have a Kalk reactor to added saturated kalk into the tank as top off water.

Alway enjoy your videos Minh. Just hit the Subcribe button on your channel. This is why you are the Anemone Guru. The haters will need a Xanax after watching this one. LOL

ThRoewer is it not up to you to tell me when to call something "Clown" and when to call the same thing "Amphiprion", it is simply completely my own choice.

And to people reading in general, remember that condylactis are often mistakenly called "Long Tentacle Anemone" but that name refers directly to the Macrodactyla Doreensis. Here, in this debate, I am giving advice about all "anemones WITH long tentacles", which is not to be mistaken with the general name "Long Tentacle Anemone" which only refers to the Macrodactyla and not all anemones WITH long tentacles ;)

The skirts of the ritteri covers the animals disk so that you proud and caring owners, cannot see what is going on with it.

The skirts of the Macrodactyla does not cover the disk and makes it possible to see what it is doing.

If you, after ALL the experience you've got with Nems still say stuff like "Nems does weird things sometimes!" I suggest that you buy and keep a Macrodactyla so you can easily see what it is doing until you UNDERSTAND what they are doing with their skirts ....

:D

This string >was< about a ritteri losing tentacles but because of trollnorms it quickly became about >me<

The ritteri is spitting out tentacles and I actually offered a logical explanation.

- The Nem runs out of energy in the tremendous job of resetting its entire sun-catching-tent or sun-catching-net, aka. the "skirts".

- Meanwhile of running out of energy, the tentacles slide into the mouth area.

- As the Nem then continue to move, tentacles are getting snapped off, which is apparent since the Nem would be digesting the Tentacles if it was intentionally cannibalising them to get added energy.

And there is nothing wrong in using antibiotics with proper care.

There is on the other hand, lots of stuff wrong with trying antibiotics treatment before removing other possible reasons for the Nem not thriving, such as allelopathy.

Like fishes, nems may not all react like the next specimen. Just because one pair of Nems gets along with one another, does not mean all will as a general rule.

If y'all could get those troll habits out of the way so no armies or factories of trolls end up taking over this forum as well, and try to get your heads back to debating the OPs topic.

I (still) suggest that you flush the QT with zoo- and phytoplankton, as the Nem will then take care to funnel the water towards its central disk and mouth, both leading to movement in the oxygen deprived tentacles and to the Nem getting some food that does NOT take energy to digest in the same manner as bigger food stuff.

Ah, yea, nems does react to plankton, perhaps if you kept macrodactyla you would have noticed.

Yea, all we have to do is say online that using Antibiotics before all other avenues have been tried is not right, but, to the detriment of people with established rumours, not all seem to come to terms with that.

I think y'all actually took greater offence that I used the term Skirt about the anemone moving mass around, thus violating some male Anthropomorphism that you have been applying to these lifeforms, than you did of me implying that you waste antibiotics readily for nothing.

But as I said, trolls move the borders how of people talk everywhere - I see less and less types of questions get answered inhere over the years but we can see if we can get it back on track if we wanna :D

Cheers y'all.

Damn it all. I came here to find answers about my Heteractis Magnifica suffering from what looks like is tentacle consumption. Basically, the nem is rittled with filaments inside of the tentacles, almost all tentacles are like this. He used to have long, fat, bulbous, beautiful tentacles like a Mag with clowns in those awesome pictures people get from scuba diving. Now his tentacles are crinkled like crinkle but fries, curly and shriveled. I can't figure out what the filaments are about on the insides. He's puked his lunch and I've now got him in quarantine with cipro, because I suspected a bacterial infection.

But then this thread, which might have been useful, got completely ****-canned by the idiot Small Heavens. Lots of internet searching and it came to this. Thanks for nothing Small Heavens, crazy useless people like you are the reason experienced aquarists hesitate with posting USEFUL information on these forums. Extreme frustration here.

Amazing how one contrary opinion isn't just ignored,but spirals out of control, sucking everyone else into a flame war..

I've never seen anything like this, but cipro would have been my 'go to'. Did they make it?

I agree with you Brad.

Always look at a posters profile. You can see when they joined and how long they have been in this hobby for. I value the opinions of our senior resident experts who have shaped this hobby and given us the ability to keep these rare specimens.

Amazing how one contrary opinion isn't just ignored,but spirals out of control, sucking everyone else into a flame war..

I've never seen anything like this, but cipro would have been my 'go to'. Did they make it?

THOSE 2 did not make it. I ended up trying one more time a ritteri from LA. knock on wood I've had 'him' since last October, has gotten much much bigger since I got him. I have a now maited pair of wc percula's . They bonded and spawned since I got them that same month. They will not ever leave their home even for food.

Orion
reallly nice nems :). My ritteri is catching up in size to yours though! :-D
**How to you keep your magnifica/riterri from climbing the wall right behind it?
Mine's been happy at the very top of my drain box for many months, moving a few inches side to side every so often. I'm still super excited about mine lol

EDIT: did that magnifica split?

TY minh!

Orion
reallly nice nems :). My ritteri is catching up in size to yours though! :-D
**How to you keep your magnifica/riterri from climbing the wall right behind it?
Mine's been happy at the very top of my drain box for many months, moving a few inches side to side every so often. I'm still super excited about mine lol

EDIT: did that magnifica split?

TY minh!

That Magnifica stay on the same rock for years. I did not feed him on purpose because I don't want him to get bigger. Grew from the light Radion G4 pro light on top of him and the good current which bring him fish food. He split a while ago and one of the clone climbed the wall and the other stay at the same place. I gave the one on the wall to one of my friend. My tank sprung a leak and I brought them home. They are in my sump right now.

That Magnifica stay on the same rock for years. I did not feed him on purpose because I don't want him to get bigger. Grew from the light Radion G4 pro light on top of him and the good current which bring him fish food. He split a while ago and one of the clone climbed the wall and the other stay at the same place. I gave the one on the wall to one of my friend. My tank sprung a leak and I brought them home. They are in my sump right now.

Hey if you have another split I'll take one. Been looking since mine died in Urdu and Irma a few years back :(

Back