RO/DI Help

When the carbon starts to wear out, if you used 2, you move the back one to the front and then use a new one after it. The old one the you moved to the front will act as a roughing cartridge and still do work to lessen the burden on the new cart. It all just lasts longer this way. Stick with a .5 micron sediment to protect the carbon.

Chlorplus goes BEFORE regular carbon.

The more the merrier.

I started using a chlorplus 20bb which is a size 4 big blue out in front of my system. (20x4.5" cart)

Then ended up just filtering the whole house with a 2.5cuft backwashing catalytic carbon tank and then a 48,000 grain softener. Tap water has no measurable chlorine or ammonia. Wife says it was the best aquarium purchase to date.

I sure don't know which should go first but BRS says to do sediment, then carbon then chlorplus.

I sure don't know which should go first but BRS says to do sediment, then carbon then chlorplus.

Sediment always goes first. The discussion is about carbon. If BRS says to put standard first then they are wrong. Catalytic carbon should be the first carbon stage. Standard carbon exhausts rapidly when exposed to chloramines, it would be rendered useless well before the catalytic carbon.

Almost there! Got my RO/DI all hooked up, order goes sediment, carbon, chlorplus, membrane then two DI. It's running at about 60-65 psi, getting 2 tds out of membrane and 0 out of DI. It's currently filling one of two 70 gallon barrels, I'll finish the mixing station tomorrow after I grab a few more fittings from Lowe's as I have a leaky joint that I just wasn't planning for. Hopefully by Friday I can have the tank filled!
4fc710b3168d8227a0a4fdc8ec7d0be4.jpg
0161cf0ea26f6079b217939205726187.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back