Ro/di hook up ? No instructions

2swift

I have a Premium reef 50gpd 3 stage ro/di
It did not come with Instructions just the unit.
It has 3 hoses black/blue/yellow.
I'm pretty sure the black is my inlet but not sure witch is my outlet or outlets and if 2 outlet's which one is my good water?

blue should be your finished water= pure ro/di
yellow should be waste water= dirty water
black should be water inlet = house water.

First, are you sure its a RO and DI, cuz it only has 3 stages, maybe I'm confused though? Do you have a link to where you got it from?

Are the cords already hooked up for you? There should be an inlet that you hook up to your water source. Then one for waste water and one for good water. My guess is blue outlet is your good one. But not sure. Can you tell by the way the cords are hooked up? The inlet shoudl go to the sediment filter, then to the carbon filter, then the membrane last (that hard tube on the top), the waste water tube is what is rejected from the membrane, and the good water is what comes out of the end.

Maybe that idea will help you determine which one it is? Good luck. Post some more details and I may be able to find the answers online.

Ok will give that a try.
how much waste water are we talking about?
And can the waste water be use for anything like plants,
dog's water drums? J/K about the dog's!

Here's a pic
pr-ro50.jpg

Yeah thats a 3 stage RO looks like. Almost definitely the blue is your good water. Its not a rediculous amount of waste water. My waste water to good water ratio is 3 to 1.

That may seem like a lot, but consider that I make at most 5 to 10 gallons a week, thats 15 to 30 gallons of waste water per week. Then consider how many gallons of water you use in the shower, maybe a gallon of water is used every time you flush the toilet, etc. For maintaining a 55 gallon tank it should be very little waste water or water used total even compared to your normal water usage.

Yes its safe. What you have is an RO only no DI. The water goes through a sediment filter then a carbon filter and finally the RO membrane. The waste goes through the sediment and carbon and carries TDS that is being flushed from the membrane away so TDS will be approximately 20 to 25% higher than tap water but since it has gone through carbon som things like volatile chemicals and chlorine have been removed.

Back