RO/DI not working, any experts out there???

My RO unit isn't working. I moved it from my apartment to my new house, hooked up the same way, but it won't give me water. I think i've narrowed it down to the storage tank. The unit puts out water without that hooked up. However, since there isn't much room for water to store in the unit i need the tank. How would a tank go bad? When i hook it up it never fills with water. How would a bladder deflate, and how would i fix that if that's the problem? I have the Aqua-safe unit from ebay.

Thanks,
Andrew

ro/di

ro/di

how much water pressure do you have in your new house and how much did you have in the apartment? if the holding tank has a bladder how much air pressure is in bladder?

never tested the pressure in the apartment, but the house is reading 65 psi. I can't check the tank because my psi gauge it meant to plug into the plastic tubing, and on the tank it needs to screw on. Maybe i've tested the house pressure wrong. One thing that confused me is when i put the psi gauge on if water keeps coming into with with no where to go doesn't my psi keep climbing, if so how do i get an accurate reading?

You can check the pressure in the bladder tank with a simple tire gauge. Its a schrader valve just like an inner tube which is exactly whats inside the tank to create pressure. With the tank not hooked up and no water in it you should have about 6 psi in the tank. You can air it up with a bicycle pump if need be. To test your house pressure you can use a pressure gauge that screws on an outside hose bib. They are about $6 or $8 at any hardware store.

Back