RO/DI question

LOL, you would think so,

The carpenter down the street from me took 10 YEARS to finally replace a broken window he had in the front of his house.
Those directly associated with a given industry don't always bear the fruits of their labors at home (by choice many times)

Few jewelers wear jewelry for instance...
I still own a reef tank, but most of us in the industry don't...
'tiss a psycological thing, that one....
we generally want to leave business at the office, and escape our labors when at home

Last edited:
I run one of our 75 gpd Reef/Residential Series systems with a booster pump - all mounted to the wall in the laundry room in the basement. The DI feeds a reservoir that gravity flows to a float valve in my sump. The RO side of the system feeds a pressure tank in the basement connected to a drinking water faucet on the kitchen sink one floor up.

The waste water tube from the system often ends up in my washing machine if laundary time coincides with my weekly production of DI water.

The system has been in place for years and I've not found myself wishing for something more/different. If someone was interested in enhancing the system, a permeate pump would be a good addition.

Russ

Last edited:
Back