RO/DI upgrade

Lakeside518

Clownfish
Premium Member
I'd like to replace my ebay unit with something of higher Quality and am considering this unit. Hard finding replacement filter for my unit. Links & service blows. Having a Company thats a sponsor on RC is a plus ;)

OCEAN WAVE+ FIVE STAGE 75 GPD RO/DI from The Filter Guys.

http://www.thefilterguys.biz/ro_di_systems.htm

Hopefully this will be adequate and fit my needs. I haven't been on a city water supply in years. Chlorine seems strong in Clifton park.

I can't find a good link, but they are essentially DI filters that you recharge, rather than throw-away and replace. Plus, unlike with RO, there is no waste water.

I spoke to Jim from The Filter Guys today. Excellent service :thumbsup: Walked me through the build & looked up my local water treatment facilities specs.

I also ordered a Geo Nielsen/ Kalk reactor. This system is going to be Sweet :) I'm looking forward to hosting a meeting!

Hi there,

I used the filter guys to buy a new 75gpd membrane and bought separate Cation/ Anion media which I added to my existing unit. I don't know what unit you currently have, but it may not be necessary to buy a whole new unit. I would imagine you can simply do what I did?

Back