RO filter keeps running

fishytoo

My RO filter keeps running. The ACV works if I start to close the waste valve. Could he membrane be bad or the restrictor on the waste line be the problem?

Well first of all you should never have a valve on the waste line. The flow restrictor will provide all the necessary back pressure. As for the ASV, it needs a minute or two to detect the pressure change and close. On a new setup or one that has been purged for filter replacement the ASV may not function properly until all air has been removed from the lines which may take a while.

Thanks. I just replaced all the filters except the membrane so that maybe the problem. I guess I should let the clean water drain for a while to get the air out?

Yes, it's a good idea to waste the first gallon or so when changing filters to get rid of any residues. Then you can fill your container. After that just shut off the product water valve. The waste water may run for a while, but the ASV should kick in after a while. Just check on it every so often to make sure it does eventually shut off.

Back