Road trip to Reef Raft

Molly1414

We live in Grass Valley and wanted to visit Reef Raft in Fremont so we took a long road trip and stopped at a few other stores. First we stopped in Davis at
Rivers to Reef. I was very disappointed with this store. It's very small and they had one frag tank that had only four frags in it. The rest of the store is fresh water.

The next stop was at Diablo Corals. The frag tanks are great and I saw many frags I was interested in but left with nothing. There are no prices on any of the frags or tanks. The employee had to come over see which piece I was interested in and then text the owner to get a price. I was given one price on one frag and then when I asked about a second frag I never got a price. I guess she was waiting for a text. We left frustrated. I would have bought several items had they been marked or the tank marked so I could figure out prices.

Next stop was Reef Raft in Fremont. Wow. What a great store. The display tanks are great, the frag tanks are large and clean, the staff friendly and helpfull. The coral selection was amazing. I wish this store was not a 3 hour drive away. How is it that this store has such a great selection while the local stores close to us in Rocklin and Citrus Heights seem to have the same old stuff every day. The prices were a little higher but there were plenty of 10 -20 frags that we're very nice. I love Acans and they had so many to pick from. We spent more then I care to say on many frags seeing that we would not be back in the near future.

We had several other stores on the list to stop at on the way back but we were out of time and money and needed to get our frags home so drove straight back.

"There are no prices on any of the frags or tanks. The employee had to come over see which piece I was interested in and then text the owner to get a price."

I hate that! I know of one other store that does the same thing.

At Diablo Corals most of the tanks are labeled with pricing from $10-$35

The higher end zoa and acans are the only ones without pricing.
Pricing on those varies per frag depending on polyp or head count.

Yeah reefraft is a great store but if you buy zoas make sure the foot has firmly attached. I had a frag blow right off the next day and you couldnt even tell they used glue it was such a small amount.

We here in Davis apologize for Rivers. There isn't much of a demand for reef or marine supplies here in town. Heck, we make up a good portion of it, and our tanks have surpassed the corals they sell. We mostly drive to Depot and YR for everything we need, which makes the trips few and far between.

Back