?Rock Blenny? (Mandarin)

agruetz

I cannot remember the common name but for all intensive purposes he is Mandarin fish. Yes I am aware of their incredibly picky diet, and yes I am aware I have him in a way smaller tank than most would say is ok. However, he eats prepared foods, I feed 3 - 4 times a day and it is loaded with Selcon and I populate pods and baby brine one a month.

I have had the guy for 3 - 4 years at this point and my other is in beautiful shape.

However, I left my tank with someone else to take care of for a few weeks when I had to go out of town, when I came back my tank was filthy algae every where and one of my Mandarins is not in good shape. He is still eating and seems to be putting on some weight BUT he has a tuft of algae growing out of his head. I have never seen anything like it.

I have been treating him with Sea Chem Focus, KanaPlex and Metronidazole for about 2 weeks does not seem to be having any affect. He is still skinny, some days he looks better than others.

Anyone have any ideas? I do not know what else to do but to continue to get the parameters back in check and clear our the algae and feed feed feed.

Everything else in the tank is exceptionally happy Elegance, Duncans etc....

Here are the pictures.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/he1boq288sdjy0b/AADbWxkWlPDu-2Pg4bxIa2UJa?dl=0

I am starting to think it is age. I have been researching around and cannot find any definitive answer. There seems to be a 2 - 5 year range and the Max size is around 5inches. Mine is definitely on the 4in side and I have had him for 2 years. I have no idea how old he was when I got him, I rescued the poor starving guy from a big box fish store... was able to nurse him back to health...

Anyone know the lifespan of a scooter blenny?

Back