RODI Help

From online information, you get better performance from RODi when you have the correct pressure going through it.

Optimum pressure (50-80 PSI in 75-100 GPD systems, 150/200 GPD systems 65-80 PSI) gets you better water (lower TDS) and less waste water. Increases in water quality from 30 PSI to 50 PSI are substantial. Increases in water quality from 50 PSI to 80 PSI are incremental. Still beneficial, but not as large as at the lower levels. This is why booster pumps are recommended in some cases.

I need to get off my butt and get my RODi set up and check pressures.

My last RODi system was by AirWaterIce and I was getting about 10-12 months filter life on a new membrane, 6 months on an old one. I changed the filters when TDS went from 0 to 1 or 2 ppm.

Last edited:
My water pressure is 75-80 fortunately. Our last house was only 60.

I dont know what ours is....I might need to purchase a booster pump in the near future.

Finally after 12 years I got the FrankenRODI alive. I bought this from Nanook years ago and I added to it.

Preassure is 50 PSI. I remember it was always lower in the winter times.
9cd54b95fa9bc4b8de700d5c25f88c74.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

In the summer it is more like 60 PSI. I use the cold line and this time of year it is to cold.

You probably want to look at getting a booster pump for your RODI.

Honestly, I'm betting I will need one as well.

I have one on order. It should be here Tuesday. Hopefully the tank will be plumed and have water flowing by new years.

I bought it from my mentor of equipment.

Not sure if I should be proud or flat out worried for your future success with an old relic like me behind the times:D I'm still using industrial timers and metal halides. If I ever win the Apex, I'll start a tank just for it.

Added a booster pump. My PSI is now 90, 250 TDS in, 2 TDS out from the Membrane and 0 out last stage of DI. Pretty happy with this.

I am going to add and an auto flush system next and it should be done.

b032f89a13b888dfd81d2ff7d3a71d22.jpg

Every 6 or 8 months

I envy you. I run a 1 micron sediment filter, 2x 1 micron chloramine filters, a BRS water saver upgrade kit, then color changing DI Resin. Water pressure ~70psi. I have to change my resin and chloramine filters once a month or so doing normal 40g weekly water changes. Thats why I recharge my own resin most of the time.

Last time the town issued a water quality report, our Chloramines were pretty high. I would say heck with it and just get water from my LFS, but the L isnt in the FS anymore and toting 8+5g buckets for a weekly water change is not an option.

I envy you. I run a 1 micron sediment filter, 2x 1 micron chloramine filters, a BRS water saver upgrade kit, then color changing DI Resin. Water pressure ~70psi. I have to change my resin and chloramine filters once a month or so doing normal 40g weekly water changes. Thats why I recharge my own resin most of the time.

Last time the town issued a water quality report, our Chloramines were pretty high. I would say heck with it and just get water from my LFS, but the L isnt in the FS anymore and toting 8+5g buckets for a weekly water change is not an option.
Something does not sound right. You sure you have the water saver kit installed properly?

Not sure if you are running mix bed resin. If you are you should look at the PRO resin and replace only what you need.

Back