RODI Questions, comments on some odd things with my system

I have a typical reef type RODI system.

75-80psi input pressure
20 TDS before RO
2 TDS after RO
2 TDS after DI

After last filter change, I pinched my waste line closed by accident.
20 TDS before RO
18 TDS after RO (pinched waste)
18 TDS after DI

Not sure my DI canister is doing anything, I have also never noticed a color change in the media.
Is water just swirling around the top and going out? seems odd.

Also I have a flow restricter built into the flush valve.
I have my spigot open to make water, the waste flow is the same with the valve open or closed. I would assume more waste water with valve open??

Any suggestions?

Are you letting it run for 10-15 mins before testing? Are you testing each output state without shutting it off?

If the cannister that holds the DI resin doesn't seat square to the top of the housing water will go out and not through the cannister. Some have foam gaskets that show where they are seating.

The flush valve should bypass and flow more when the handle is in line with the valve and be closed when the handle is perpendicular to the valve.
There is a large difference in the flow between the 2 positions.

Don't tell anybody but I have not changed my pre-filters, resin or membrane in 5+ years... I took the automation (it was fully automated) offline years ago. My handheld TDS meter was eaten alive by its battery.... Who knows what goes into the tank. I don't worry about it.

So...... Last time I changed my filters I must have bent/kinked my discharge line.
So now my TDS is around 2 after RO filter
And I am 1 or 0 after the DI.

I have DI spigot to my laundry sink. I let it run for about 5min. Then I fill my top up water jug.

Thanks for responding to my post!

It was a good excuse for me to order a new membrane and filters. I looked in storage for the automation controller, solenoids and sensors and could not find them. I may just built a whole new controller to autoflush, etc.

Back