RODI - where should I put it?

The high temp release drain line is the copper pipe coming down the hot water heater on the left correct? If that's what you talking about the pipe just ends right at the stand and drains onto the floor. No real actual "drain" there. I was hoping there is one in the wall behind the water heater that somebody might now or have a suspicion is there.

Im looking in the third pic. Looks like a copper line, ABS (black) and a PVC (white) bundled together in a bunch of string next to the task light. All three are pointed towards a steel looking box thing on the floor, is that not a floor drain?

No that's my ducting for my heater to the left of those pipes. the ducting goes under house and upstairs. That pvc goes outside and is "preplumbed" for my air conditioner that I haven't put in yet. I guess it would be a future condensation line. Iwas thinking I could put the waste line into that since it runs outside. Just disperse outside near plants, since RO won't be on all the time. What do you think?

Thanks for the help by the way!!!

Im still thinking all of those pipes are pointed to a drain in the floor. The PVC would be piped from an air conditioner to a drain for the condensation build up...unless the AC was meant to be installed inside? What is the metal looking box with the white top on it?

Im stumped. If you want the RODI in the garage and you have the room, keep two buckets. One for filtered, and one for waste to disperse elsewhere.

That's a good point about the condensation line. Those pipes go out to the a/c pad. The white thing is air ducting going to under house and second floor from the heat pump right next to it. I wonder if the pvc pipe is just a temporary spacer to give them extra room if needed? I was thinking of the trash can idea. I might do that in the short term until I can find a drain line somewhere.

One more time, and again tough to communicate via 10WPM posts and a few pics, but here it goes;

Im stuck on the white thing...I see the white insulated blanket over the heat duct as you stated in the last post, but the white thing I am referring to is the very bottom and a touch right of your third pic. From my side it looks like a 4-6" square steel post like thing with a white cap or filling in the top of the steel square thing. What is that? It seems all utilities which require drain run to this.

Canada installations are somewhat different, but the principles and materials are the same.

Still tryin to help!

Oh I see what your talking about. Those are metal posts filled with concrete, to stop you from running into gas utilities with your car. There are no utilities requiring drains in the garage. I was hoping someone would know about possible lines in the wall behind the heater, you know like building code requirements or something. I'm still wondering about that pvc though in the third picture. Why would it run in , if the A/c is outside. Will have to look at it more and see.

4-stage-rodi-v2-m.jpg

So this is the unit I purchased, with dual in line TDS monitor and pressure gauge. I will be tapping into the cold water line of the water heater in previous pictures. My new question is I'm going to store my rodi water in a 30 gal trash can, right below the machine. I want to put a spicket on the trash can to fill my 5 gal bucket that I topoff with every other day. I saw it in another thread, can't remember which one. Do I need a bulkhead for this spicket or just epoxy? What size spicket is recommended and where do you find them?

Back