Rods fish food

Nagle

Have any of you used or currently use rods fish food? I have heard alot about how great this food is.

http://www.rodsfood.com/

As some of you know I bought an achillis tang in april from coral reef. The tang woul not eat for about 3-4 weeks. I thought he was a gonner due to so much weight loss. I tried to feed it everything. The only thing it would eat was nori sheets. Well after hearing so much about rods food I tried to find some place that sells it. The closest place I found was in ypsi Mi. I was in the detroit area the other day picking up a 60gal cube tank and bought some rods food. Wow this stuff made EVERYTHING in my tanks go nuts. Now when I feed it my achillis will come right out and eat. One of my surpent star ran acrossed the tank to get some. My snails came out of the sand and went crazy climbing on the rocks. Even my pepperment shrimps came running out to get some. I noticed when I feed the rods food that my mini stars are sticking thier legs out of the rocks for thier share as well.

I took a sample of the food to Joel at sea dwellers in Angola and he liked the way his tanks went nuts for the stuff. He had a star come out that he didnt know he had. He put some in only 1 row of a 3 tear display(all using the same sump) and the other 2 rows had snails popping out and other inverts going crazy looking for the food.

Joel is going to order some of this food to sell in his store.

If you have used this food give us your feedback on it. If you havent used it, go get some and give it a try.

After Joel gets it in his store if any of you want Im sure I could pick some up for you and bring it down that way on a weekend.

I have been using rods food for probably six months now. I feed it to my tank every other day. Everything in my tank seems to love it!

Orig. got it from Jesse and I believe he got it from Premium. Then I sent to swap in MI and won two large sheets of it in a raffle. This will probably last me another couple months.

And if you are adventureous you can make your own like we did at the meeting at my house. If anyone is interested I have the recipe......and if is really good stuff....no additives and completely natural

I bought some Rod's for the first time from Simply Saltwater in Muncie a few weeks back. Like you said, everything in the tank goes nuts for it.

-Matt

Living in small town USA, I too have to travel to the metro areas to get things that aren't avaiable locally (equipment, salt, corals, fish ect...) with that being said and to save on gas and time, I order my Rod's from Marine Depot. Thanks for the 411:thumbsup:

Could you send me the recipe, I've been thinking about making my own, it's about an hour drive 1 way to get anything close

I have some rods left. everything does like it. I have been trying some new food called fusion. Everything really likes it as well. Lornas food is good too. I used all i could get off people from the meeting. lol.

Klaus @ the Coral Reef gave me a bag of it he got from someone who didnt want it anymore. My corals seem to respond well and my yellow and pick reef damsel goes crazy for it. lol. No suprise from a damsel though. Im always worried about how many phos. im putting in the tank with it. It may have very little, I just dont know. I only have a modded bc14 so, I have little room for an error like that. Because of that I only feed twice a week.

Oh and sea breeze aquatics sells Rod's Food. The website says they do anyways. That would be nice.

Sea Breeze Aquatics
5415 N Clinton St
Fort Wayne, IN 46825

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15466497#post15466497 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Adkins.its
Oh and sea breeze aquatics sells Rod's Food. The website says they do anyways. That would be nice.

Sea Breeze Aquatics
5415 N Clinton St
Fort Wayne, IN 46825

This is no longer in business... This guy left town a couple years and moved to St. Louis area... Toobrie is he goes by on RC, and his name is Todd.

Back