sailfin wont eat?

mikid

i was just wonderong if anyone has some incite to why my sailfin is just hanging out in the back and not eating,have never not seen him eat before,i always feed with the frozen cubes,emlted in tank water,everyone else eats fine?,he looks ok,had him for 2 months!,:confused:

Re: sailfin wont eat?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10439971#post10439971 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mikid
,have never not seen him eat before,

OK this is confusing, he used to eat and now he doesn't or you have never seen him eat?

Is he being intimidated by other fish in the tank? Any new additions? Mine can't resist the Piscine Mysis thawed under running water in a net. Then I use the net to feed. Since the fish associate the blue net with food they come running when they see it. (Maybe that will come in handy if I have to catch any) I move the net with the food in it around to different areas to make sure everyone gets a chance before emptying the remainder.

sailfin

sailfin

the tang has always eaten,been in the tank for 2 months,eats everytime,but i didnt notice sat and now its sunday and he didnt eat,it is very unlike him,:confused:

Hmmm. Maybe just spooked, you may try new food and try again with something different. Do you feed nori on a clip? I use the nori from Whole Foods, non-toasted in the sushi section near the fish. Much cheaper than any LFS and it lasts a long time. Sometimes just something new will catch their interest.

Tangs need more then just frozen cubes. They should be fed a mixture of Frozen,flake,pellet, Algea sheets etc. You can try getting some fresh Nori sea weed. His internal organs may be shutting down from a lack of proper nutrition. You can also try some type of Garlic supplement to try and entice feeding.

HTH

Back