Salifert Magnesium test kit issues

fishkeeprian

Hello,

I've having big problems with the salifert Magensium test kit. Every test I do its different and I do exactly same procedure each time.

I bought a new one and it does the same, its driving me mad, what is the solution? Thanks

Hi, is the expiration date ok on both kits?
If so have you tried watching any You-tube videos on this kit? Reason im asking is they mention some details that aren't mentioned in the test kit such as when filling the syringe tho the bottom of the black part is at 1ml the actual liquid should be at 0.85 below it with the air gap, and to get this accurate lvl you have to suck it up multiple times until the lvl reads this position ........then proceed with the test.
That is the only issue ive noticed & knowing this ive had similar readings always.

I have found that measuring the granules by passing a card or something similar over the spoon to level it makes the test a little more repeatable. Fill the syringe all the way then push down to the 1ml mark before starting. There will be an air pocket but it is from the pink tip on the end & accounted for in the measurements. Test is finished when solution turns blue.

Back