Salt question

That is my thoughts exactly. I am staying with the same brand salt, same trace elements. Just without the higher Ca,Alk,Mg. Like you said why pay more for something that doesn't have to be that high. (The price is NOT the problem, just to be clear. RSCP salt isn't much more than the regular.I just don't like my DKH at 12). Also I am keeping an eye on all my levels and I like to keep my parameters near CA-420, DKH 8-9, and Mg 1350..it is just my preference.
I'm about to switch to regular instant ocean because of the same issues I could never dial in my calcium and alk dosers and the same goes now for my calcium reactor everything is fine and leveled and then do a water change and my alk climbs a little

After dosing keeping cal and alk in check for weeks, I did a wc with reef crystals (20%, for other reasons) and alk went up 2-3 doh. Has me thinking of switching to a non-reef salt as well.

I'm glad I am not alone in this haha. I am checking my levels every night just to be safe. So far so good. *fingers crossed*

I have also switched to the Red Sea regular salt due to high alk levels mine were at 12 with coral pro, Did a 25% water change this past weekend with regular red sea now alk is at 10

I have also switched to the Red Sea regular salt due to high alk levels mine were at 12 with coral pro, Did a 25% water change this past weekend with regular red sea now alk is at 10

Yeah that's what I am going through with the coral pro. I am just going to use the regular salt from now on. I don't have a dominant sps tank that uses up the alkalinity that fast. I can always dose a little if I need to. And I am starting with small water changes to not shock the system too much. It's a slow process of lowering my dkh.

Back