Saltwaterfish.com group buy - ordering Monday morning

clintrandall

I'm going to order some fish from saltwaterfish.com and I thought I'd open it up. I'm going to place the order Monday morning so they will be here Tuesday. Pickup will be after 5:30 at my place in Mesa on Tuesday evening. I will accept paypal + 3% fee or cash at pick up.

There is no shipping for orders over $80, but there will be a processing and fuel charge of about $16 that we can all split. Let me know if ya want something!

clintrandall
Lyretail Anthias - $19
3 Neon Gobies - $24

Peace,
Clint

I think I would like 3 Lyretail Anthias also. They look cool, but I heard they are difficult to keep. What does everyone think about keeping Anthias. Do the Anthias school?

Regarding the anthias, many of them are supposed to be fed several times a day. I believe there is some sort of male to female ratio as well.

I've had a Barlett's Anthias for 8 months now and he's never tried to jump. That doesn't verify anything, but he was pretty good. Also Van, he eats any of the Dainichi pellets, the cyclopeeze and the frozen krill that I feed with so I haven't had any detectable problems. I don't know if some anthias are more difficult than others.

UPDATED LIST:

clintrandall TOTAL: $60
2 lyretail anthias $38
2 neon gobies $16
packaging/fuel $8

evolust
THEY ARE OUT OF TENNET TANGS. I don't know if it showed that it was in stock yesterday, but it is out of stock today. When it says "Wish List" next to one, then it's out. Sorry!

vanmle TOTAL: $62
3 lyretail anthias $54
packaging/fuel $8

I realized I was off slightly so here is the correct current total.

UPDATED LIST:

clintrandall TOTAL: $60
2 lyretail anthias $38
2 neon gobies $16
packaging/fuel $8

vanmle TOTAL: $65
3 lyretail anthias $57
packaging/fuel $8

I hoping that they are all females and that they will change to males. I can't feed them multiple times a day because I work. Do you think getting fed twice a day or even once a day would be enough for them.

More importantly, how hard would it be to get them to eat?

I only feed once per day because of the time issue and because I'm trying to get my water a little cleaner. It may be ideal to do more, but I've never had the luxury of multiple daily feedings. That's not really an answer, but it's what I've been doing! ;o)

That's hope. I need to get a bigger tank because I want too many fish. For a long time, all I had were three fish. Now, I have 12 fish. Most of them within the past month or two.

I did upgrade my skimmer big time though.

I know what you mean! Some days I want an active fish tank, other days a cool invert/crustacean tank, other days a nice coral tank. I end up with everything, which is probably why I am in a perpetual diatom/algae battle.

Clint,

I better not order the fish just yet. I think I am starting to get cyano in my tank and I should get that under control first before adding more bioload to the tank. Sorry for the disappointment.

Van.

Not that I'm aware of, but you can have it email you when one comes in. I don't know if it would still be on sale though.

Back