Sand or not? Advice needed

Mike de Leon

Please look at my video. I’m looking to add sand. Atm, with my bare bottom all the poops end up at both ends of the tank where they easily get siphoned out.

Do you think that if I put sand in this will continue to happen, or will the sand prevent this? Tia.
Video won’t load.

Attachments

• 9671E18E-8DED-425D-84DB-90C44C65693F.jpeg
    9671E18E-8DED-425D-84DB-90C44C65693F.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
The answer is probably both. Why do you want to add sand? I ran bare bottom for quite awhile and the ease of siphoning detritus was incredible. I have sand now due to wanting creatures that need sand and it's more maintenance for sure.

The answer is probably both. Why do you want to add sand? I ran bare bottom for quite awhile and the ease of siphoning detritus was incredible. I have sand now due to wanting creatures that need sand and it's more maintenance for sure.

Thanks. Simply for aesthetics. They look soooo much nicer. It also helps with balance.

Thanks. Simply for aesthetics. They look soooo much nicer. It also helps with balance.
I initially added sand for this reason and ended up adding wrasses that need sand.

I do like the asthetics of sand in my tank. But if I did not have sand dependant fish, the sand would be gone in an instant.

If I were you, I would not have sand.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back