Sand Size Selection

Elricsfate

I'm looking for advice on which sand to use in my tank. I will have softies and LPS in the tank, so I'll need decent flow. But I also want to have some sand sifters.

Thoughts on a good sand that will be small enough for the sand sifters and big enough not to blow all over the tank?

Thanks in advance.

I got the oceans direct sand and I really like it. It has a mix between large coral pieces and very small grains. It doesn't blow around at all and has a nice color. Aragalive is the other type I'd look at

I also like the special grade, but with just a tiny bit of crushed coral mixed in to break up the uniformity.

Caribsea special seaflor grade is my choice, and agree petsmart or foster smith for best price

+1

Keep an eye out for sales at PetSmart. They usually have a special on it a few times a year. If I remember correctly, I think the last 40 lb. bag I bought was like $19 with free shipping. PetSmart only offers it by mail order though, so you won't find it in the stores.

I got the free sand from Marco rocks...The price was great but I don't love it...After a while the fines settle to the bottom and the larger particles come to the top...If you have something to stir the sand you may have a better experience but just something I keep in mind

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back