Sand to start new 90 Gallon Reef

afish70

I am trying to find a place locally (oldsmar area) to get sand to star my new 90 gallon reef tank. I have like 110 Lbs of dry rock and was looking for enough sand to make like a 3" deep sand bed. Where can i go to get dry sand?

My plan was to use the dry rock & dry sand along with like 5 or so pounds of good live rock to start this new tank. Dose that sound reasonable? Any suggestions? i planned on the cycle taking about 5 - 6 weeks with no lights running at all but skimmer will be running the entire time.

I know there is a big aquarium/fish store right behind Lowes off hillsborough and racetrack red. They may sell it.

I know there is a big aquarium/fish store right behind Lowes off hillsborough and racetrack red. They may sell it.

That's coral corral behind Lowes.
They have sand there and thats close to oldsmar if not in oldsmar. I'm gonna go on a limb and say Faois probably has sand too. They're in that immediate area as well.

Faois has sand also that's where i got my dry sand but I Aldo have a good 20#s left in a bag u can have

Imin NPR tho but I go to faois often

I live like 5 minutes from Coral Corral and FAOIS.
Travis1787 - If you're down in the are this weekend let me know and i will meet you and take the 20#s you have, and thank you.

I have a dumb question - How many pounds of sand do i need to get a 3" or so sand bed in my 90? (48" x 18" foot print)

Back